Saturday, March 17, 2007

Time to Knit Socks

It's back to winter here in the MidAtlantic and Northeastern US. Time to Knit Socks. This is where it all happens, or at least it did yesterday.

Above is the Legare 400 with 72/36 set up. Ooops, ribber is not in the picture. Below is what is to my right, tools, phone, TV and cable remote controls, calculator, notes, file cards. No mug of decaf, bottle of water or glass of wine present at the time, but all the other necessities right at hand.

I'm working on socks for men, using the more subtle colors in my stash. The pair on the chair are of yarn originally intended as a gift for a woman. Working the yarn on this machine at this setup told me otherwise. These socks will be for a small footed man or a big footed woman. My friend is neither of those so she will get something more appropriate when I change to the 54/27 set up or move back to the AutoKnitter machine with the 60/30 set up. Not to worry, I have enough size variables and yarn choices to make socks for every foot. And no socks feel better than hand made ones of natural fibers.

Time to make the socks,

The Sock Lady

No comments: